We arrived on Okaloosa Island Monday to find the condo rebuild well under way. It’s hard for me not to spend all day there watching our contractor’s crew at work. It’s amazing how talented these guys are and seeing our new condo take shape day by day is very exciting.
But we didn’t come down as spectators. And they don’t want me getting in their way.
Besides, we have shopping to do!
We’ve driven close to 400 miles this week, visiting furniture stores from Destin to Pensacola and working with two interior designers. It’s been quite the week of furniture shopping.
In the last five days we have bought:
- Five flat screen high definition television sets (a 55 inch Smart TV with DVD for the living room and 40 inch sets for the other major rooms)
- A beautiful sectional sofa for the living room
- Two chairs
- A dining room table and six chairs
- A sleeper sofa and love seat for the family room
- Two king beds, and we have a contractor building two sets of custom bunk beds for the third bedroom – a twin over full and a twin over twin.
- Three large dressers, five tables and some lamps
It’s been non stop shopping but we are so pleased with our choices so far. The condo will be decorated beach cottage style with blues and teals and fun accessories that stress the Emerald Isle Dreams name we’ve given the condo. It’s all about the laid back Florida feel where the beach sets the tone for style and fun.
Everything is new and made of very high quality materials purchased from Destin-area stores. We want our guests to throughly enjoy themselves.
We’re taking a shopping break for the weekend and heading off to Georgia to visit our son and his family and attend our grandson Nick’s graduation from high school.
We’ll be back Monday for another round of shopping, buying pots and pans, draperies, blinds, linens, accessories and lights and fans and who knows what else..
We can’t wait to see it all come together.
Al, our contractor, is busy laying our beautiful ceramic tile floors, hanging cabinets and building out the bathrooms.
Our first guests arrive July 2nd!